Help your kids form good dental habits when they’re young. They’ll be on track to have healthy teeth for life.
Here are a few tips to help your kids form healthy dental habit:
- Clean teeth with a soft washcloth or a baby toothbrush
- Don’t put baby to bed with a bottle
- Check teeth for spots and stains
- Kids ages 2 & up should brush with a pea-size amount of fluoride toothpaste (start sooner if your dentist or doctor recommends it)
- Limit sugary snacks and drinks
- Talk to your child’s doctor or dentist about fluoride varnish and dental sealants –sealants help protect the back teeth from cavities
Remember to schedule regular dental visits.
SOURCES: MedlinePlus, “Child Dental Health,” retrieved from: MedLinePlus Child Dental Health and
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Dental Sealants,” retrieved from: CDC Dental Sealants