We go beyond the basics. WellCare of Nebraska is proud to provide these benefits to our members. They are at no cost to you. Please see your member handbook for more details. Learn more below.
*Benefits noted with an asterisk are subject to prior authorization.
24-Hour Behavioral Crisis Hotline: The Behavioral Health Crisis Line open for emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-378-8013
Behavioral Health Provider Consultation: WellCare will cover the consultation free between a member’s medical provider and mental health provider
Join the Boy Scouts! Get a free Boy Scouts annual membership. Also, receive a subscription to Boys Life Magazine (ages 5-18). Girls may also join the Boy Scouts upon request.
Breast Pump*: Get a free electric breast pump. For women that are:
- due to deliver within 6 weeks, or
- members who have delivered within the past 30 days, or
- members who had an NICU baby in the last 90 days
Member can receive one breast pump with a delivery diagnosis. Member must have a script.
Behavioral Health Incentive: Behavioral Health Members that follow up for a post-ER or hospital visit, and/or their medication check can earn a $5 gift card
Bus Passes: WellCare will provide a 30 day bus pass to foster care children age 16-19, members with refugee status and/or ABD members will have the option to receive bus passes in Lincoln or Omaha
College Dorm Room Items (Foster Care Children): Provides college dorm room items. Current members must be active in the foster care program. Eligible foster care members must be age 16-19 and be preparing to enter college. Items provided to member are items for dorm rooms or student housing (off-campus).
College/Trade School Scholarship: Scholarship award for members age 17 and up who are entering college. Awarding 10 scholarships available @ $1,000 per winner (Includes trade schools, college, and universities).
Community Baby Showers:
Receive a free community baby shower. This is for new and expectant mothers. Members can get important health information for themselves and their babies. Members can also learn successful parenting techniques. The baby shower also includes a gift basket and a raffle.
Community Welcome Room: Provides support for medical and non-medical needs, including:
- Help applying for coverage
- Transportation assistance
- Community support
Community Room Locations:
Hours of operation: Monday—Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., central time
Omaha RSO – 1-402-738-3701
2910 K. St.
Omaha, NE 68107
Kearney – 1-308-698-2501
2714 2nd Avenue, Ste. A
Kearney, NE 68847
Scottsbluff – 1-308-220-7901
2621 5th Avenue
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Norfolk – 1-402-370-1901
500 S. 13th St.
Norfolk, NE 68701
Diaper Reward: Member must complete each of the following activities in order to receive a pack of diapers:
- Postpartum visits
- Well Child checkup 1 month
- Well Child checkup 2 months
- Well Child checkup 4 months
- Well Child checkup 6 months
Members must complete all visits to receive an extra pack of diapers. This brings the total to six packs. Member can select the size of diapers. However, the bonus pack of diapers will be am X-Large size. Please note this is part of the Healthy Rewards Program.
Family Support Specialists: A partnership with Nebraska Family Support Network where families receive counseling on the side effects of the Member's condition, depression, anxiety, and behavior modification/coaching
Fit Kids Club:
Provides free health tips and tools to kids ages 4 to11. This is to encourage immunizations and check-ups, including:
- Rewards program for well-child visits
- Cool and fun rewards for healthy habits
- Kids newsletters about fitness and nutrition
- Raffle to win a Bicycle (four times a year)
Members can locate the latest events by using the following: https://yourwellcarenebraska.com.
Free Cell Phone Program:
Provides a free cellphone to members. Members must be experiencing a high-risk pregnancy and/or chronic conditions. Cellphone would include unlimited talk, text messaging, and 1G of data. The cellphone has programmed numbers. This list includes the members’ doctor, case manager and/or social worker (case manager will identify foster children that may be required to have a telephone).
Join the Girl Scouts! Free Girl Scouts annual membership for Members ages 5-18. This also includes the supply fee. It includes free annual membership for all participating adults. This allows a parent to be a troop leader and/or participate in other activities.
Community advocates attend and participate in health-focused events. The attendees share information, resources and education. They cover a variety of health topics such as diabetes management, back-to-school health, the importance of physical activity and general overall health and well-being. Members can locate the latest events by using the following link: https://yourwellcarenebraska.com/
Healthy Rewards Program:
Members can earn rewards for taking steps that help them live a healthy life. This includes:
- Reloadable prepaid visa card, gift card, or e-gift card for completing healthy activities
- Choice of diapers, portable play yard, stroller or car seat for pregnant mothers who complete prenatal visits
Members may also receive a discount card. They can get the card after completing a healthcare activity. The discount card can be used to buy everyday items that keep them healthy. The discount card can be used at the following stores:
- Family Dollar
- Dollar General
- Duane Reade
- Fred's Pharmacy, and
Members with asthma are eligible for hypoallergenic bedding. Items include mattress and pillow casings. Member must meet criteria through WellCare Care Coordinator. Limited to $100.00 annually per member.
Members can have their medications shipped to their home. This is helpful for members who live in rural areas or have difficulty leaving their homes. Members can still use a local pharmacy. Members can access the benefit easily. Register with CVS/Caremark and complete the appropriate form.
Mini Farmers Market:
Works with local mini farmers’ markets and other community partners. This educates and promotes health nutrition to members. Members can locate the latest farmers’ market event by visiting https://yourwellcarenebraska.com/.
My WellCare Mobile App:
Provides members with easy access to:
- Member ID card
- Find a Provider tool
- Quick care (urgent care and hospital services locator)
- Contact WellCare and
- wellness services, including care gaps
No co-pays for all benefits. This does not include brand name pharmacy drugs, durable medical equipment (DME) or vision services.
Free non-medical transportation to appointments.. Members can call Intelliride to schedule transportation. Members can also call customer service. This includes:
- WIC appointments
- childbirth classes
- breastfeeding classes
To exceed number of trips allowed, case management approval is required.
Personal Care Items:
Each head of household can get $10 worth of personal care items each month. Members can choose from over 150 items. They can have them mailed directly to their home. No prescription required.
Pertussis Vaccine for Caregivers: Provides one annual pertussis vaccine for households pregnant and/or newborn members who would be caregivers
Prenatal Care Management Program: Provides educational resources and tools for pregnant members to help guide them through a healthy pregnancy
WellCare wants to help members take steps to success. Reach your employment, financial and/or educational goals.
- Training: Referral to job training and financial education classes. The referral classes are at no cost to the member. They help address educational, employment and economic advancement barriers. WellCare will help members locate job training and financial education resources.
- Reading Scholarships: FREE reading scholarships for qualified members. This is for members in pre-kindergarten to fifth grade. Limited availability
- Members can take the GED® test for FREE. Member must be:
- Age 16 or older
- Not have graduated from an accredited high school or received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma
- Not currently enrolled in a regular high school
- Have a valid state ID card
- Must complete all pre-testing and classroom hours (to get ready for the GED test) before receiving a voucher number
WellCare provides members ages 4-12 with the opportunity to attend one week of summer camp. WellCare will provide members with a Visa debit card. The debit card will have a value of $35. This card can be used for the cost of summer camp.
Learn to swim. WellCare offers one session of swimming lessons. Offer is one lesson per year for qualified members age 6 months – 13 years old (group lessons only). Lessons length varies. Private lessons are not covered.
Free 6 month Weight Watchers® membership for qualified Members age 13 and older, including:
- Simple ways to make healthier food choices
- A weight-loss plan based on the latest nutritional science
- This program is offered at no cost for six months
- To be successful, Members must attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings and reach the goals given to them by their WellCare of Nebraska Health Coach
- Members must be 13 years old or older (must be accompanied by an adult if under the age of 18)
- BMI must be greater or equal to 25 for adults 18 years or older (Children 13-19 ranked in 85% percentile)
- Completion of baseline form by physician
WellCare Days show and educate members on health plan resources and health information.
Members can locate the latest events by using the following link: https://yourwellcarenebraska.com/
The XtraSavings Program allows members to receive monthly discounts. These go beyond what is available to the general public. The XtraSavings program consists of the services below:
- Swipe & Save: This is part of the Healthy Rewards program. Members who complete their first healthy activity in the program will receive a discount card. Members can shop for discounted items at participating stores, such as:
- Family Dollar
- Dollar General
- Duane Reade
- Fred’s Pharmacy
- CVS Discount Card: CVS ExtraCare Health Card saves members 20% on thousands of CVS/pharmacy brand health-related items for members and their family. The 20% discount applies to regularly priced items of $1 or more at any CVS/pharmacy locations or online www.cvs.com.
We want to help our members live happier, healthier lives. That is why we offer these benefits at no cost to our members.