Let Us Help You Choose the Plan That's Right for You!
WellCare focuses exclusively on government-sponsored programs like Medicaid and Medicare. So if you are looking for a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan, you have come to the right place. Our plans are easy to understand and give you real savings. View a summary of our plans.
WellCare's Prescription Drug Plans Offer:
- Low premiums and no or low copays on Tier 1 drugs on our Classic plan to stretch your health care dollar.
- No deductible and $0 co-payments on Tier 1 drugs on our Extra Plan beginning day one.
- $0 co-payments for Tier 1 drugs and significant savings on other Tiers when using our mail service pharmacy that offers preferred cost sharing.*
- $0 or low co-payments for Tier 1 drugs at network retail pharmacies.**
- More than 60,000 network pharmacies nationwide.
- Customer Service representatives are ready to help you with any questions about your coverage or medications.
Considerations When Enrolling in a PDP Plan
- If you are enrolled in an MA Private Fee-For Service (PFFS), MA Coordinated Care (HMO or PPO), or Medicare Advantage (HMO or PPO) plan that provides Medicare prescription drug coverage you will be automatically disenrolled from the HMO, PPO or MA PFFS plan if you enroll in a PDP.
- If you have medical coverage through the VA or TriCare, your plan probably already offers drug coverage, so you may not benefit from a PDP.
- If you are enrolled in an employer plan with comparable benefits or a Medicare supplement plan with drug coverage, your coverage under those plans could change if you join a PDP. Please contact your benefits administrator or plan representative for coverage details.
- If you are a member of a Medicare Advantage Plan (HMO or PPO), you may already have prescription drug coverage that will meet your needs. By joining WellCare, your membership in your Medicare Advantage Plan may end. This will affect your doctor and hospital coverage as well as your prescription drug coverage.
Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
Note: If you are enrolled in a private-fee-for-service plan (PFFS) that does not include Medicare prescription drug coverage, an MA Medicare Savings Account (MSA) plan or an 1876 Cost plan, you may enroll in a PDP and will not be automatically disenrolled from the PFFS, MSA or 1876 Cost plan.* You can fill your prescription at any network pharmacy. These savings occur when you fill your prescription at our network mail service pharmacy that offers preferred cost-sharing. Your co-pay at a network pharmacy that offers standard cost sharing may be higher. ** See the Summary of Benefits.