Putting You and Your Family First.
Are you eligible for Medicaid? Get Healthy Choice through WellCare. It is a New York state-sponsored health care program. It covers you and your family. There is no cost to join. There are no charges for many services. (Co-pays apply for pharmacy benefits.) You can choose from many of WellCare's private doctors. Healthy Choice offers many other great benefits.
Make the Right Choice.
If you do not choose a health care plan, the state of New York may automatically select one for you. Act now to make your own choice about which doctor and health plan are right for you. As a new WellCare member, you are guaranteed one year of coverage. You have 90 days from the effective date of enrollment to decide if WellCare is right for you. If you do not leave in the first 90 days, you will have to stay with WellCare for nine more months.
Call Customer Service to answer any questions you have at 1-800-288-5441 (TTY 711).
Helpful Healthy Choice Information
- Free 24-Hour Nurse Advice Hotline
- 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
- Support Services and Resources
- Crisis Intervention
- Member Services
Nurse Advice Line
24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
Our 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line is 1-855-582-6265. If you or a family member is having a behavioral health crisis, call this number. A trained person will listen to your problem. He or she will help you decide the best way to handle it.
Need More Help?
Here are some additional, outside resources that may be able to assist:
- Department of Health (DOH):
- Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS): https://oasas.ny.gov/
- Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS): http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/
- Office of Mental Health (OMH): https://www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/about/
- Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD): https://www.opwdd.ny.gov
In the event of a crisis, members should contact our Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline: 1-855-582-6265.
TTY (All Plans) Call: 1-877-247-6272