We're looking forward to having you as our member
WellCare Health Plans has acquired Aetna's standalone Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans (PDP). This means that starting January 1, 2020, we’ll welcome you to a WellCare plan.
Here are a few important things you need to know:
We're in your mailbox
You should have started receiving materials from us. For your convenience, you can also download many of these resources below.
- We mailed a What to Expect letter this summer. It detailed when you will get communications and information from WellCare.
- We sent the Annual Notice of Change, or ANOC, in September. The ANOC gives you information you need to know about your new 2020 drug plan benefits. If there are any changes to our pharmacy network that may impact you, we will also send a letter providing you with further details.
- The Quick Start Guide will arrive next. This easy-to-navigate booklet provides you with tips on how to use your plan.
- In November, you’ll receive a Billing Welcome Letter that explains how to pay your premiums (if you have any).
- By the end of December, you will receive your new WellCare ID card. You will want to put this card somewhere safe and begin using it in 2020.
With WellCare, the Member Portal is the hub for your valuable coverage. You can log in at any time to set up and manage your relationship with us. Here are a few things you can do now:
- Set up recurring payments. If you have a premium with your 2020 plan, you can set up regular, automatic payments right from your bank account. You can also manage your payment options.
- Chat with WellCare. Skip a phone call - log in to your Member Portal to securely chat with a live agent.
- Download your ID card. Starting on January 1, 2020, download a copy of your Member ID card right from the Member Portal.
What about my coverage now?
Access Your Formulary
To view or download a Prescription Drug Plan formulary:
- Access the “Find My Plan” link
- Follow the directions to search and select your plan
- Access the “Drug List (Formulary) and Other Documents” page found within the Pharmacy section. You can access your Comprehensive Formulary and our Drug Search Tool on this page.
Still have questions?
As part of our commitment to ensure a smooth transition, we’ll continue to provide you with important updates moving forward. That includes adding new information and helpful documents to this website as they become available.
In the meantime, if you have questions about your 2019 plan benefits, please call the phone number on the back of your Aetna member ID card.