WellCare of North Carolina Will Pay for the Drugs that Medicaid Requires You to Have.
It is also important to know that WellCare of North Carolina uses a Preferred Drug List (PDL).
- The PDL is a list of drugs that we prefer your doctor use
- The drugs on the PDL are organized by brand and generic name
- Quantity, gender and age limits are also provided
- Some drugs require step therapy - the use of other drugs first before they will be approved. These are noted with an "ST" (Step Therapy)
- Some of these drugs require a review and are noted with a "PA" (Prior Authorization).
Find a drug by searching our online tool or viewing/printing a PDL.Search for a Drug