Extra Support to Manage Your Health
Managing your health care alone can be hard. If you need extra support to get and stay healthy, we can help. As a member of WellCare of North Carolina, you may have a Care Manager on your health care team. A Care Manager is a specially trained health professional. They work with you and your doctors to make sure you get the right care when and where you need it.
Your Care Manager can:
- Coordinate your appointments and help arrange for transportation to and from your doctor
- Support you in reaching your goals to better manage your ongoing health conditions
- Answer questions about what your medicines do and how to take them
- Follow up with your doctors or specialists about your care
- Connect you to helpful resources in your community
- Help you continue to receive the care you need if you switch health plans or doctors
WellCare of North Carolina can also connect you to a Care Manager who specializes in supporting:
- People who need access to services like nursing home care or personal care services to help manage daily activities of living like eating or bathing and household tasks
- Pregnant women with certain health issues such as diabetes or other concerns such as wanting help to quit smoking
- Children from birth to age 5 who may live in stressful situations or have certain health conditions or disabilities
At times, a member of your Primary Care Provider’s (PCP’s) team will be your Care Manager.