All About the Plan, the Providers, the Medicines and More.
Welcome to WellCare of South Carolina! We are glad you joined our family! It was a smart move. WellCare is the health care plan that puts you in control. We will give you information to help you get the most from your benefits and the services we provide.
Please Explore the Site and Get To Know Us.
As you do, you will discover that we are dedicated to putting you and your family first. We hope that you will soon come to know the many ways we put this belief into practice:
- We focus solely on programs like WellCare of South Carolina; this means our services are designed with you in mind and intended to keep you healthy
- Body and mind work together. This is why we strive to coordinate medical and behavioral care
- We promote preventive care. This means getting you the services you need to stay healthy or find issues when they are easier to treat
- We offer extra support to members with challenging health issues
- Our broad network of providers gives you a wide selection of doctors from which to choose
We are here for you when you have questions. Feel free to call Member Service toll-free at 1-888-588-9842. We are always glad to help.
Did you know? You can request a copy of the member handbook or provider directory. Just log into your secure web portal and order a copy. You can also call customer service to request a copy.
WellCare of South Carolina Plan Documents
Helpful WellCare of South Carolina Information
- Member Services
- New Benefits
- Member Handbook Change Log
- Find A Provider
- Free 24-Hour Nurse Advice Hotline
- 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
We are here for you weekdays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Member Services numbers to call are:
- WellCare: 1-888-588-9842
- TTY: 711
WellCare of South Carolina has some good news. Starting July 1, 2016 WellCare of South Carolina will include outpatient mental health and rehabilitative behavioral health services as part of your benefits. For more information, visit https://msp.scdhhs.gov/rbhs/.
Member Handbook Change Log
The Member Handbook Change Log has the most current updates since you received your last Member Handbook. These updates include changes for example to, general plan information, plan benefits, and hours of operation. Go to the WellCare of South Carolina Plan Documents section, on this web page, to view the Member Handbook Change Log.
Find A Provider
Nurse Advice Line
24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
Our 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line is 1-855-591-7134. If you or a family member is having a behavioral health crisis, call this number. A trained person will listen to your problem. He or she will help you decide the best way to handle it.