A primary care provider (PCP) serves as a "home base" for your basic healthcare. Your PCP is an important member of your healthcare team.
Whether you are choosing a PCP for the first time or need to change your current one, it is easy to do online or through the MyWellCare app*.
How can I choose or change my PCP online?
You will first need to login to the Member Portal. Then, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Your Healthcare Team tile and click Change Primary Care Provider.
- Enter your ZIP code and click Search. A list of in-network PCP’s will display.
- Choose a PCP by clicking the provider’s name.
- Follow the instructions to confirm your choice.
Don't have an account with us yet? It only takes a few minutes to register. Click the Register now button on our Member Sign-in page.
How can I choose or change my PCP through the mobile app?
Just open the MyWellCare app and follow the steps we've outlined below:
- On the home screen, tap Change My PCP
- Search for a PCP by selecting Find a Provider
- Follow the instructions to confirm your choice
Once you choose a new PCP, we will send you a new Member ID card. After selecting your new PCP, it is the perfect time to schedule an appointment. Your PCP will help to coordinate your care, including your annual check-up as well as routine and other preventive care.
Don't have our mobile app yet? It's a free download at the App Store® and Google Play™.
*Note: The Ohana mobile app does not have the option for members to change their PCP. This option is only available to WellCare and WellCare TexanPlus members.