November 6, 2023
We are pleased to be participating in Epic Payer Platform, a platform that enables more secure, efficient bi-directional data exchange between providers and health plans, as part of our broader interoperability strategy.
How does Epic Payer Platform benefit you?
Epic Payer Platform benefits providers by reducing friction, combining knowledge to improve care and ultimately improving the patient experience. It is available for health systems and providers on Epic.
What are the features of Epic Payer Platform and how do they help?
- In our initial work with Payer Platform, we are live with clinical data exchange, which automatically releases appropriate clinical records to health plans. This helps reduce manual record requests, reducing administrative burden for providers.
- Following our initial work on risk adjustment, we intend to focus on HEDIS/Quality use similarly, receiving information from Epic Payer Platform to improve the accuracy of quality measurement, also reducing manual records requests.
- We plan to develop additional features and continue to refine our roadmap:
- Actionable insights (such as our members’ gaps in care and historical conditions and diagnoses) can be provided at the point of care directly into a clinician’s existing workflow. This helps our provider-partners receive a more complete picture of their patients to help improve their quality of care.
- Plans to pilot prior authorization can help streamline the process and further reduce administrative frictions involved.