Effective Jan. 1, 2019, Universal American (UAM) will integrate into WellCare Health Plan systems and platforms.
WellCare acquired Universal American in 2017 as a means to strengthen WellCare's Medicare Advantage footprint in the key markets of New York and give the company a presence in Maine. In addition, the acquisition positions WellCare to further develop value-based provider relationships.
WellCare shares UAM’s commitment to serving families, seniors and people with complex medical needs. Collaboration with providers will remain a vital component, ensuring our plans meet the needs of our members.
This shared focus on delivering the best care possible is an integral part of WellCare’s mission. Expanding access to quality providers like you is an important component of making the best care a reality. We will work diligently to ensure that our plans continue to meet the needs of your patients and that our close collaboration continues to benefit all involved.
What changes are in store?
Below are some areas where we anticipate some change.
- New branding and logos:
UAM Brand (Legacy)
1/1/2019 WellCare Brand
WellCare Health Plans
WellCare Health Plans
- Paper claims submission process – The address for paper claims submissions will change.
- EFT and 835 Electronic remittance advice – WellCare uses PaySpan Health for its Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) and Electronic Remittance Advice/Explanation of Payment (ERA/EOP).
- New correspondence address – Please be aware, correspondence and billing addresses for claims and authorizations will change effective Jan. 1, 2019.
- Web portal – UAM providers will migrate to WellCare new web portal effective Jan. 1, 2019.
What happens next?
Complete details of all required changes will be coming soon. We will communicate these changes multiple times before the effective date as indicated below:
Provider Notification Plan:
- 09/1/2018 - General notification of changes.
- 11/1/2018 - Comprehensive communication, all changes and impacts including integration/ FAQ’s
- 12/1/2018 - Reminder communication, including all integrations changes and FAQ’s
WellCare will notify providers of updates on the following topics in the coming weeks:
- EDI-New payer ID numbers
- Provider IDs
- Payspan registration information
- Web/portal registration information
- Comprehensive information needed to manage day-to-day activities
Please note: Customer service numbers for UAM Plans will not change.
WellCare values everything you do to deliver quality care to our members–your patients–and ensure they have a positive care experience.
We look forward to working with you.